Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

For Memorial Day weekend Rhett and I rented a condo with two other couples in Lake Havasu, Arizona. Every Memorial Day weekend a group of friends leave the kiddos at home and spend some much needed time relaxing and boating at Lake Havasu. One of Rhett's good friends has a killer boat, so we piled in and joined them. Despite the cloudy/rainy skies on the first day and the little bit of drama that ensued the following day, it was a great weekend. It was nice to spend time with friends and be chauffered around the lake, able to relax on the water. I don't think I actually ever touched the water, though. It was just too cold this year. That was kind of a bummer, because I love the water. I love swimming and even just floating behind a parked boat. But the summer is just beginning and I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunity to swim at Lake Mead.

Me and my man in the boat at Havasu.














Me and the girls...Ricki and Tiffany.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Glad you got a little vacay and some time to relax!!!

Lookin' Good!!!

RC said...

HOW FUN, SOUNDS LIKE A BLAST! YOU WERE HANGING DOWN IN OUR NECK OF THE WOODS. ANY WEEKEND YOU WANT TO COME BACK DOWN AND HANG OUT AT THE RIVER OR THE LAKE, COME ON DOWN! OUR BOAT ISN'T KILLER, AND OUR PLACE IS A COUPLE MILES FROM THE WATER, BUT, YOU ARE ALWAYS WELCOME. WE DO GRILL A PRETTY MEAN STEAK THOUGH. :)

Hollie said...

Sounds like a ton of fun! I wish we had a boat, I love boating.

Erin said...

Looks like fun! We will be in Vegas for the 4th of July weekend...do you guys already have plans cuz we would love to hang out!