Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back to Cali

Rhett and I both had Monday off for Labor Day and decided to make the most of the three day weekend by getting out of town. What better way to spend a holiday than with friends and family soaking up the California sun? We left Logandale Friday afternoon and drove right to the beach. We spent the evening walking along the boardwalk and looking at all the different style houses along the beach. We spent the night at a hotel in Anaheim and the next morning met up with my cousin, Nick, and his new wife, Cat. We had SO much fun with them. I've always gotten along well with Nick and was pleased to get to know Cat. She is so fabulous. They live a few blocks away from Huntington Beach, so we rode bicycles down to the beach and played frisbee and body boarded and got frozen yogurt. I haven't downloaded my pictures yet, so all the pictures I posted are from Nick's camera. It was difficult to leave, but we had plans to meet up with my friend, Alison. We spent the evening and the next morning with Ali and her husband, and even snuck down to my grandparents house for breakfast with my parents, grandma Martin, and grandma and grandpa Lyon. I don't even remember the last time we were all together. It was great. Anyways, around noon we headed to Mission Beach in San Diego where Rhett and I roller bladed down the boardwalk for a few miles. We didn't even stop to play in the ocean. It was just fun getting out and people watching and roller blading. It was gorgeous weather. We only stayed down there for a couple of hours and then got cleaned up and headed over to a family friend's house for a BBQ. I hadn't seen some of the family in over 15 years and was delighted to catch up on everything that had been going on in their lives. After the BBQ we headed back up to Huntington Beach to crash at Nick and Cat's house. We just chilled at their house and the next morning did a little shopping before coming home. Then last night we had a little BBQ at our house with some friends. It was an action-packed weekend. And now I'm looking for a job and a house in California! Ha Ha...I wish. Every time I go I just love it and wish I could somehow find a way to move there. I know it's not likely to happen, but a girls gotta have dreams, right?


Rhett and Nick catching a wave.
Cat with her body board.
Me and my babe, playing in the ocean.

Nick was taking pictures of us as we were riding over to get yogurt.

5 comments:

RC said...

AHHH, WE SHARE THE SAME DREAM OF LIVING BY THE BEACH IN SO. CAL. MAYBE WE CAN FIND A DUPLEX SOME WHERE TO SHARE AND OPEN UP OUR OWN BUSINESS??? HA, HA. HEY WE ARE SMART, CREATIVE GIRLS AND WE BOTH HAVE EXTREMELY TALENTED HARD WORKING HUBBY'S WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIGURE SOMETHING OUT.

Heather said...

Looks like you had a blast! Love the pictures. We should plan a girls weekend for Cali.

Hollie said...

What a fun weekend. I love the picture of you and Rhett, you both look so happy.
Can we make it a tri-plex? I'd love to live on the beach too.

HammondFam said...

Hey Jennifer...It's Nicole...Hammond (LaLanne)! I got to your blog from Erin's blog, and added you as a friend!:) How are you? Your blog is great! It looks like you had a blast in Cali...Good times!

HammondFam said...

You totally should have called. We would love to get together w/ you guys sometime. I need to get your email, so we can exchange info.