Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I'm a Big Girl now

About a month ago I finally took the leap that every woman has to make at some point in her life...I got my hair cut and styled. Now, I know, it doesn't sound that amazing. You've probably all had a cute hairstyle at some point. But growing up I wasn't allowed to cut my hair. And after I got married I learned that my husband likes long hair. So I thought I was doomed to have straight, long, boring hair my entire life. I went from my mom cutting my hair to my mother-in-law cutting it. I had never gone to a salon and had someone keeping up with the latest styles touch my hair. So I was quite excited when my friend was getting her hair done and invited me along to get my first "Big Girl" hair cut.

I had a general idea of what I wanted, but I basically just told her that I wanted it cute and shorter and fun and sassy and easy to maintain and this is what she gave me:







Now mind you, it's been a month, so it has already grown out a bit. I also don't have the mad stylin' and volumizin' skills that this woman had. When she was done with my hair it was so full and thick and flowy. I wish I had taken pictures the night it was cut...it looked very cute. But in general I'm very happy about it. I miss my long hair and sometimes having bangs bugs me, but all in all I feel good about it. And what do you know...the two people who gave me the best compliments? My husband and my dad! The two that discouraged me to do it for 30 years! Why are women always trying to please men? I think I've learned through this experience that sometimes you just gotta please yourself and by doing that you end up making those around you even happier...because you're being you and you're happy. Wow, who knew something philisophical would come from a few little strands of hair being cut?

8 comments:

Heather said...

Love it!!! You look marvelous darlin'! Avery is sitting here with me and she pointed to your picture and said, "so pretty princess."

Laura said...

Hey cous! I love your new haircut. You look beautiful! You obviously are beautiful no matter the length of your hair, but I really like how it perfectly frames your face. Congrats on the big step! : ) Thanks for the insight, too.

Hollie said...

Super cute! It looks like a great cut and you look wonderful. I love it!
Your title cracks me up. Too funny that both of our dads didn't allow us to cut our hair. Now my dad is protective over Addison's long locks.

Erin said...

You look hot!!! I am inspired!! Love it!

BAMA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RC said...

WAY CUTE!!!! I LOVE, LOVE, IT, SUCH A CUT STYLE FOR YOU. IT REALLY FRAMES YOUR FACE BRINGING OUT ALL YOUR BEAUTIFUL FEATURES. "MEN" LOVE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE WHOLE THING. YOUR DAD HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE KEEPER OF LONG HAIR, HE ALWAYS PROTECTED MINE FROM GRANDMA WACKING IT OFF, UNTIL HE LEFT FOR HIS MISSION, THEN YEP, SHE CUT MY HAIR THAT WAS DOWN TO MY BUTT INTO A VERY SHORT, CHIN LENTH CUT, I CRIED AND COULDN'T WAIT TO TATTLE TO MY BIG BRO. GRANDMA KNEW HE WAS IN ANOTHER COUNTRY AND COULDN'T DO A THING ABOUT IT. GLAD EVERYONE WAS HAPPY WITH YOUR NEW DO.

Trisha said...

Diggin the hair. You're all grown up! Our blog is reynoldsrwodies.blogspot.com.

Josh

TRISHA said...

Cute - Cute - Cute!!! I love it!