Saturday, November 15, 2008

#32 Mission Complete


I've officially completed my first item on my 101 list! I started it on Tuesday and finished sewing it this morning and I'm SO excited about it. I think it's the cutest apron ever. And such a cute model! Thanks Jalee. I was not in a modeling mood this morning and she stopped by right after I finished. 

Earlier this year I had a conversation with Heather and I told her that I never wear aprons. I think it's because they make me feel too matronly. She said she lives in them and how you just have to make cute aprons so you don't mind wearing them. So for the last few months I've been looking at aprons, trying to figure out a style I liked and I finally saw enough that I was able to design this one. I bought material a month ago and finally sat down and drew a pattern and figured out what I wanted to do and put it all together. It turned out exactly as I wanted it to, which usually doesn't happen the first time around. So I am very pleased. I'm thinking that it's a little TOO cute, though. It almost looks like a cocktail dress. So I've been thinking about adding a pocket or something to make it look more apron-ie. Heather, how do you normally do yours? Pocket or no pocket? I have just enough material left over I could do a pocket. Let me know what you think.

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

This is so cute! I don't wear aprons either, but I know all the really vintage ones are making a comeback. Great job!

Hollie said...

That is so super cute Jen. I love it, good for you. Just in time for Christmas too, that would make a great present. Not that I'm hinting around or anything. =)

RC said...

YOU DESERVE A WOOT-WOOT!

1. FOR FINISHING ONE OF YOUR GOALS
2. WAY CUTE APRON.

IT IS {A D O R A B L E}

I LOVE IT! YOU DID A FABULOUS JOB AND HOW AWESOME ARE YOU THAT YOU EVEN DESIGNED IT, MADE YOUR OWN PATTERN AND THEN SEWED IT. WAY TO ROCK IT, I THINK YOU HAVE BEEN HIDING AN AMAZING TALENT.

WHICH FABRIC DO YOU HAVE FOR THE POCKET?

Rawson Family said...

Hey Jennifer That Is the Cutest. You need to get me a pattern.
Tosha

Heather said...

I LOVE IT!!! You did great! The apron goddess is smiling down at you!

I think if you have enough of the accent material, you could do a pocket.

I personally don't use the pockets for function, more for fashion so it is really up to you! I LOVE IT!!!

And aprons make cleaning, baking, doing dishes, laundry, EVERYTHING much more "domestic diva-ish" rather than "house-wife-ish."

PLUS, when you make them super cute like that one, the hubster's think they are sexy! I will say no more on that one!

Hammond Fam said...

What an adorable apron. I love the color combo. I would totally buy one!