Monday, November 10, 2008

The Older I Get...

the more changes I'm seeing myself go through. I'm not talking about physical changes (although those are happening as well). I'm speaking of the maturing process that is constantly going on in all of us (some more than others). For some reason I've been thinking a lot lately of how much I've changed (and grown) over the years and how much I enjoy seeing these changes. Take a step outside of yourself for a little bit and take a look at yourself. How have you changed in the last few years? Do you like the changes you've made? I've always enjoyed change, but the last few months I'm realizing the importance of change. Are we constantly trying to better ourselves? How? Most people want to be better than they currently are. But wanting it and striving for it are two totally different concepts. What are we actually doing to become the person we want to become? I WANT to be healthier. But what does healthier entail? Working out? Eating better? I'm the type of person that not only has to make a goal to work out and eat better, but to actually make a goal to sit down and figure out HOW to work out and HOW to eat better. The last month I've spent many hours researching nutrition and trying to figure out what works best for my body and although I'm still light years from being a health guru, it's helped me to understand that as long as I'm going in the right direction...I'll finally get there. And I think that's all we need to commit to. To head in the right direction. For whatever goal you would like to attain.

Now I hope you don't think I'm on a soap box about all of this. Everyone is free to choose their own path in life. And another thing I've learned over the years is to judge less and accept more. This post was more for me...to get some of my thoughts out.

5 comments:

jori-o said...

Well , they're good thoughts! I look at myself sometimes and I feel like I am a completely different person than I was in HS, or college, or even as a newlywed. It is interesting...but you're right--as long as we're headed in the right direction, that's what counts!

Kristina P. said...

Jennifer, thanks for commenting on my blog and entering the giveaway! I see you used to live in Utah, and you know live in the other land of Mormons.

Anyway, I will be back!

RC said...

This is a deep post. You have engaged my analytical side. Taken me back to debate team days. Pro/Con - devils advocate of sorts.

I believe we all go through changes. Some are for good, some are not, some we have control over the change, some we only have control over how we deal with the change.

I also believe that some people can be going in the right direction, yet, they may never get there, at least not to the there, they were thinking. Maybe for some the journey is their, there.

Great post. Thank you for challenging my mind. You need to get your thoughts out more often.

Heather said...

I really don't think this applies to me since I'm already so perfect in every way.


HA HA HA HA!!!

You know the only thing I'm good for is a good laugh. Sometimes I feel like that is my sole purpose in life, is to make other people laugh, usually at my expense, but hey, a laugh is a laugh!!!

I love you and your deep thoughts. Keep it up!

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

I'm glad you want to join in the 101 fun!!

The easiest way to make it link to the specific post is to click on the title of the post you want to link to. If you look at the address bar you will see it will change from your blog address to your blog address + othing info (date, year, title of post). Copy everything in the address bar and put it where you want the link to be. This is the link directly to your post not just your page.

To put your list in your sidebar - the easiest way I found was just to add a text widget to the layout and then type the list out like I would anywhere else.

Let me know if there is any other blog info you want to know - if I don't know how to do it I know a couple places to go for answers!!

Can't wait to see your list!