Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My Cake Final

I can't believe it has already been 4 weeks! My cake classes are officially over!!! As much as I enjoyed getting out and learning and meeting new people, I am SO glad that it's done. Two nights a week I was driving to Henderson for the class and then two to three nights outside of class I was spending my entire evening baking, making buttercream, icing cakes, making flowers...it was a part time job. Only I was paying THEM! So now that I have a good foundation, I think I just need more practice until I'm really comfortable with everything.

This was my final cake:

A whole lot prettier than the fish cake, if you ask me. It's a four inch cake, covered with buttercream and fondant with gum paste flowers. I'm pretty excited about it. I love how the marbling turned out. And that just kind of happened by accident. I love when accidents work out even better than the original plan.

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

It's so pretty! Great job!

RC said...

It's awesome, I love it!

You must be a great student grasshopper.

Heather said...

Good Job!!!

JennHoward said...

You should totally do this for wedding on the side like i was saying:) Your cake looks great! Oh and we will have to trade pics, i am sending tosha them on CD soon if i remember that is!

Anonymous said...

Great job! I think it looks awesome.

Erin said...

WOW! That looks so amazing!!! You are very talented!

Rawson Family said...

I love the cake it looks so good. I also enjoyed the cake from dinner last night. Your pro.

Sharon said...

Hi Jennifer,

Congrats on finishing your decorating course! I'm glad you decided to travel all that way every week to learn :) The marble effect on the cake looks great, I love all the different shades of blue you used :)

Happy decorating,

Sharon

Lorie said...

The marbling is my favorite part!