Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Subway

I have seen pictures of "The Subway" in Zion National Park for years and always thought it looked like a pretty cool place. So when my friend Tosha got a permit and invited Rhett and me to go, we were pretty excited. It's 9.5 miles and took us just under 8 hours to complete and it was absolutely worth every sore muscle that I have today. A portion of the hike is through water and some parts you have to swim, so I brought along a waterproof camera (that doesn't exactly take the best pictures). I would have LOVED to have had my nice camera there, to capture the amazing colors and feel of the place. But I would be too paranoid that it would get wet somehow. Here are a few of the passages throughout the hike:









3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Wow, that is gorgeous! I haven't been to Zions in ages!

Rawson Family said...

Where are we going on the next hike?

Heather said...

Awesome Pics!!!!