Friday, July 16, 2010

My sweetie pie

I can't believe it's been over a month since I last posted. My how time flies by when you're taking care of a newborn! And let's face it, when I get an hour of spare time, I'm usually trying to stuff my face, take a nap, or de-stinkify myself with a shower. Blogging isn't really at the top of the priority list.

Here are a few pictures I've taken over the last month:
Chase cuddling up with his daddy. This was just last night. Aren't they adorable?


This was taken last night as well. Chase was playing with his daddy and just staring at him. He loves when Rhett gets home.


Most baby showers I go to I make a hooded towel. I haven't even made Chase one. In fact, until yesterday I hadn't made him anything. I thought I'd have time after he was born, so I didn't worry about it while I was pregnant. Ya, I didn't realize that breast feeding, diaper changing, getting something to eat for myself, trying to get him to sleep, and entertaining him was going to take 18 hours a day. That leaves about 6 hours for me to sleep, shower, blog, take pictures, clean the house, etc. Thank goodness the last couple of days he's been so mellow. I could actually put him in the bouncer and he could entertain himself for once. Anyways, yesterday I made him a matching receiving blanket and burp cloth. They're cute little turtles. They turned out pretty good for my first ones...not that they're difficult to make, but I was happy about finally getting something done.


Someone's a little sleepy.


I love this picture. Is it messed up that I reach for my camera (rather than my baby) when he's giving me this perturbed face? Of course I love the smiles and the chill moments, but he makes the cutest sad faces too.


We went to Zion National Park for the fourth of July and took these two pictures down at the river. It was gorgeous out and Chase was so good all day...except when daddy dipped his toes in the freezing cold water. He wasn't a big fan of that. I love the piercing eyes...just staring up at dad.

Rhett is such a good daddy. He loves his little man and his little man loves him. I think Chase gets sick of me by the end of the day, 'cuz when daddy gets home he seems to want to be with him. And that's perfectly fine with me. I love seeing the two of them together. Makes me love them even more.

So...a few things I've learned about Chase over the last six weeks (yep, he's six weeks old today):

1. He sleeps a million times better when he's swaddled.

2. He loves taking a bath (and pees within a minute of getting in the tub).

3. He has awesome head control. I don't know how, but he's had great head control from the very beginning.

4. He can sleep thru just about anything. We made sure to keep it noisy when he sleeps so he wouldn't be a light sleeper.

5. He's not a super huge fan of the car seat. He hasn't been in it too many times, but half the time he screams.

6. He loves his pacifier. We only give him one if he's inconsolable, but when he's screaming bloody murder and we give him his binky, he's a little angel. It's been nice to have that to fall back on.

7. When he wears a onesie with a crab on it...he's crabby all day long. It's true. The last two times he's worn an outfit with a crab on it he is super fussy cranky pants. I think I'm going to burn them all!

8. He LOVES sugar. When he was circumcised he was given a finger of sugar to suck on while they did the procedure. The doc said the only time he cried is when they took the finger out of his mouth. How crazy is that? I tried breastfeeding him afterwards and he didn't want anything to do with it. He is SO not getting sugar for a very long time.

9. He started smiling in response to other's smiling at him yesterday. It was so exciting. He doesn't do it all the time, but he did it quite a few times yesterday and today. I've yet to capture it with my camera though.

10. Babies can projectile poop...when you're in the middle of changing their diaper...all over the wall and floor! Unfortunately I had to find this out the hard way.



7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Who doesn't love sugar? Good man.

He is adorable! I can't believe it's already been a month.

zeeny said...

Glad to hear you're alive and well!! He is so cute! Enjoy these crazy times...they go so fast. Try to take the time to enjoy it...easier said than done!

Hollie said...

You got some super sweet pictures. That cracks me up about the crab outfits.

I can't believe he's 6 weeks already...I can't wait to see him in person.

Love you guys!

Heather said...

I need life to slow down for a second so I can meet him before he is all grown up!

RC said...

He is absolutely adorable. Love the photo's with Daddy, so sweet.
Can't wait to meet him and give him loves and kisses.

Joo Lin said...

I'm glad you're doing well. The receiving blanket and burp rag are adorable! Cute pics of Chase with daddy... I always love watching the bond between babies and daddies.

The Lyon Den said...

Sophie projectile poop all the time. I think I spent more time cleaning that up than anything else when she was so tiny. Now I get to fish her huge crap out of the bath!
Now there is something you can look forward too!