Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas

We had SO much fun for Christmas this year. Rhett and I typically open presents early in the morning, drive to Vegas to have breakfast with my family, drive to his parents for lunch, and then back to my parents for dinner. This year his parents had Christmas weeks early and my parents decided to do everything on the 26th, so we didn't have to go anywhere. This year Rhett and I slept in a bit, got up, made some orange rolls, and opened presents. I'm pretty excited about the iPod Rhett got me as well as some hand wraps (for boxing) and a new tripod and a new dry blender...he did WAY good this year. I pretty much stuck to his list, but I was excited for him to open his chess set that I found for him. He's been looking for a set with dragons for years (seriously...since I've known him). 

We invited our friends, Dan and Tiffany, out to Logandale to spend Christmas with us since they don't have any family around. They brought their Rhino out and we spent about three hours riding around Logandale/Overton, finding new trails and braving the rain (and mud). It was cold, but SO much fun. When we got back we tried going out shooting, but after about 20 minutes the rain really started picking up and we had to pack up and head home. At home we popped in a movie and fixed some dinner. It was great to spend the day with friends and just relax. 

The day after Christmas my family got together for presents and dinner. I love spending time with family. The kids are getting so big and each one is developing such a unique personality. My camera died after about five minutes, so I didn't get too many pictures, but it was great hanging with the family and watching all the kids interact.

Xander loved playing with the earless Bugs Bunny Jack-in-the-Box. It's totally falling apart, but the kids LOVE it. This Jack-in-the-box is seriously older than I am!

Our view when riding the Rhinos around Valley of Fire.



Dan, Tiffany, and their dog Taylor, with a little bit of mud from the ride.



5 comments:

jori-o said...

MAN, that is one cute baby!! ;)

Kristina P. said...

Sounds like a great Christmas! I was glad to spend it this year with Adam's family, but I am perfectly happy when it's just been the two of us.

Have a great weekend!

RC said...

Glad you had a wonderful christmas, sounds like you must of been a good girl this year, and got what you asked for.

The rhino ride looks awesome, way fun, I love the valley of fire, it is so beautiful out there.

Robby and Rhett will have to get together some time and play chess, he loves to play, and us girls can take the rhino out for a run!!!

Love you guys,
Hope you have a wonderful New Year!

Heather said...

Merry Christmas.

I'm glad you had a wonderful day!!!

Love Ya!

Hollie said...

Sounds so nice. What a fun day!