Thursday, January 20, 2011

Wellness


Wow...has it really been two months since I've posted anything? Such a slacker I have been. That is all about to change (I hope). I have embarked on a "Wellness" challenge with a couple of friends and one of the items is to blog/journal once a week. I'm excited for the motivation it is bringing me to do a few things I know I should have been doing anyway. So here's the concept:

You get one point for each of the following:
1. Drinking 64 oz of water a day
2. Eating 6 servings of fruits/veggies a day
3. Reading scriptures/something spiritual for 15 minutes a day
4. Not eating after 8pm
5. Exercising 30 minutes per day
6. Not eating sweets/soda/candy

You get one point for each item every day. Then each week you get a point for:
1. Serving someone outside your family
2. Blogging/journaling

THEN there is a weekly challenge that is worth 10 points. This week is to write down 5 things every day that we're grateful for and to also send someone a thank you note. That's a pretty easy one. Some of them aren't so easy. Like not eating out for two weeks straight. Anywho...that's the challenge. Everyone pitched in $10 and then the money is divied up between the winners. I'm on day 4 and I'm already loving and hating it. It really is more of a challenge than I thought it would be. But it's good to challenge myself and grow.

Each week I hope to blog about what happened the previous week and whatever else might have happened that week. It'll be good to start writing again.

So...the above picture is of my little man. We went to Dumont this past weekend and the weather was GORGEOUS. Like the best EVER. I took a ton of pictures, but I just love this one. He's such a good, happy boy. He makes my heart smile.

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

He looks so big already!

jori-o said...

that babe is adorable. And I'm intrigued by your wellness challenge. Tell me more, maybe I'll kick it off with some of my peeps.

Starla said...

He is so cute Jennifer. Good luck with the Wellness challenge. It's a great idea.

Anonymous said...

Hello. I'm a simple man with a low salary. I need money to buy an apartment. You do charity. You buy my coin. " www.rus-co.blogspot.com ". I will be grateful. You make a good deed. Thank You.