Saturday, October 25, 2008

Corkscrew Canyon



For YEARS I have been wanting to go to Page, Arizona to take pictures of Corkscrew Canyon. I've seen it in music videos and professional photographs and I was so excited when Rhett suggested that we go there for a couple of days while I was off work.  We stopped at the Big Water visitor's center on our way in to town and got some information on where to go and other sites to see. It was too late in the day to go to Corkscrew Canyon, so we headed to Horseshoe Bend. That was a really pretty place and definitely recommend it as well. While we were there we met a professional photographer who gave us some tips on which canyon to go to. Corkscrew Canyon is actually Antelope Canyon and there are two different locations. There's upper and lower Antelope Canyon and I was torn on which one to go to. After speaking with him we decided that the lower canyon was more of what we were looking for and I'm SO glad that we met him and took his advise. I took over 300 photos and only stopped because my camera battery died. We were in there for three hours admiring the majestic canyon walls. The colors and rock formations were breath-taking. I HIGHLY recommend this trip to everyone. 

8 comments:

RC said...

Absolutely BREATH TAKING.

Really beautiful. Thanks for sharing the photo's and the info. We'll have to plan a trip there one of these days.

Heather said...

OH.MY.JEALOUS!

I want to go there RIGHT now!!!

You look awesome too!

HammondFam said...

Wow, that is a gorgeous and awesome picture! You should use that pic as your Christmas send out card!

Hollie said...

That picture is amazing! What a fun and BEAUTIFUL place to go. We'll have to plan a road trip.

Unknown said...

Nice camera skills Jen. I'm glad you used your time off wisely.

Anonymous said...

After seeing your pics, now I want to go!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun? I just started this blogging business (last month) and it is SO theraputic! Who would have guessed?
I joined the SITS site and that's how I came across your blog. As for mine, stop by anytime ~ maybe my daily insanity will provide a laugh for you! :)

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

THAT is amazing!! Wow, beautiful. I'm jealous too!!