Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Rescue Me!

Working at NV Energy (ya, the name was changed...kinda gay, huh?) doesn't really afford me many opportunities to have fun on the clock. But last week was a blast. For two days I was taught how to rescue people in sticky situations. We learned how to tie knots and how to package people up on the rescue equipment. We crawled through storm drains and dropped 80 feet off the side of a building (just being supported by a few ropes). It was a nice change of scenery getting out of the office and in the sun doing something physical and learning things that might actually save lives. Hopefully nobody ever gets into a situation where I need it, but now I'm a little more prepared if something were to happen. Not too many pictures were taken of the rescues, but here are a couple:


6 comments:

Heather said...

Jennifer, Rescue Ranger. Ja, ja, ja jennifer, rescue ranger!!!


(sing in the tune of the chip and dale's rescue ranger theme song!)

RC said...

SOUNDS FUN, AND A NICE CHANGE OF PACE. NOT TO MENTION, LOOK HOW CUTE YOU ARE IN YOUR HARD HAT AND HARNESS. :)

Hollie said...

That does look like fun and very useful. Maybe you should think about becoming a chip & dale's rescue ranger!

Erin said...

Go Girl! That looks like so much fun! I can't wait to see you! You should come out for our little pageant when you ahve that time off! Or meet up with us in SD next week!! Miss you!!!

Cowgirl at Heart said...

What great fun! You look like a pro! If I'm every stranded I call you first! LOL You look stunning in your hard hat...

R. Cole Hampton said...

I must admit I blushed a little when you talked about "Packaging" someone...

Speaking of Packaging, I noticed you didn't offer this gem.

http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq205/famouspolka/Jenniferspackaged.jpg

I was going to make it a link but Blogspot doesn't allow the html tag I need. :( Just copy the link to your browser for added Jen's class excitement!

Seriously the class was fun! Thanks again for not dropping me!