Monday, March 23, 2009

A Few Cute Ideas

It seems as though I am often finding cute ideas on other peoples' blogs and I keep forgetting them. So I've decided to post about some of these great finds so that I can at least go to one place and see them all rather than trying to find them when I need to. I didn't want links to all of them in case someone's blog becomes private or something, but some of the pictures I couldn't download.

I liked this great idea to turn an old globe in to a potpourri bowl:


And seriously...how fun is this cake? I love it. Who would have thought you could have a pizza cake?
I found another adorable fish cake. Go take a look. It is so cute.
And who doesn't love chocolate pretzels?
And super yummy cupcakes.
And I love the glass etching below. This is just one of the fun things this person did with a little glass etching cream. She put vinyl lettering on and a border or painters tape and applied the cream and it turned out so cute. She also had a picture of a window that was adorable. There was a fish bowl on the window seal and then the window had circle cut outs and the rest was etched so it looked like bubbles. So cute.

I thought this was a cute idea when dying easter eggs in a few weeks. Put vinyl letter on and then dye them.


Okay, so this isn't really a project. I just love the syle of the dress and I wanna make one some day and I want to be able to remember what it looks like. Just add some sleeves and it would be perfect for a Christmas party or something.




This is like the vinyl lettering idea. You actually stick painter's tape to the glossy side of freezer paper and then use craft punches to punch out different designs. Then you unstick them from the paper and stick the tape to the egg. Aren't they cute?


I love this baby's room. It's so soft and cute and stylish. I just want to remember it when I can finally decorate a nursery.


I love the lady at Thrifty Decor Chic. I'd love to spend a week with her and check out her house and have her teach me everything she knows. She has the cutest rooms. The above baby's room is in her house and check out her cute laundry room. She also has an amazing den and bedroom. I don't know where she comes up with all her ideas, but I'm glad I found her.
And last, but not least, here's a cute project on lettering.
So here's an idea...go through the blogs you love and post about the great recipes/crafts/ideas that have inspired you. That way we can inspire each other!




4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I love the globe idea.

And that pizza cake reminded me of a fun cake I want to make for April Fool's Day.

Hollie said...

These are some way cute ideas! I love the globe and the Easter eggs. I may have to try some. Thanks for sharing. =)

Heather said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the globe idea. Thanks for sharing!! I love doing thistoo!

Unknown said...

Pizza cake? wow! very unique and its my first time to see one.Buy Cakes