Monday, March 23, 2009

The Seven Pillars

I finally finished The Seven Pillars of Health by Don Colbert, MD. I give it two thumbs up. He really goes over so many important aspects of health and many are very eye opening. It's laid out so that you read one chapter a day and it takes 50 days. He's a Christian author, which is kind of weird at times, but also kinda nice to put it all in perspective. The information in this book goes along with most other research and reading I've done on the subject, so I trust what he has to say. But it's nice that it's all in one place. I intend to read it a second time...that's how good the information is. I recommend everyone reading this book, even if you're not that health conscious, just to know how our bodies are affected by food/exercise/stress/etc. We've heard so much information before, but he really breaks it down so that it makes sense.


3 comments:

jori-o said...

I'll have to get a copy and leave it in the bathroom so maybe you-know-who will read it! =)

RC said...

This book sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out, thanks for the lead.

Hollie said...

Sounds very informative. I like books like this, I'll have to read it.