Thursday, March 19, 2009

Cher


I know...it seems random to be creating a post about Cher. But there really is a perfectly good explanation. You see, my mom called me yesterday and told me that she got a couple of free tickets to see her show at Caesar's Palace and wanted to know if I'd go with her. I don't really know a whole lot about Cher, but I know a couple of her songs and have seen her in a few movies and I've heard that she's very entertaining. So although the show didn't start until the time I usually am hopping in to bed, I decided to make the drive to Vegas.
Ya...amazing. Seriously. Loved it. I have to say, Cher did a great job and I loved all the crazy outfits and wigs, but her dancers ROCKED! It's one of the few shows that I've seen where the male dancers are just as good, if not better, than the female dancers. They were pulling out some crazy moves. They did a lot of Cirque du Soleil kind of crazy acrobatic stuff. A lot of it was in the air, hanging from ropes and fabric and netting. All of the costumes were great. It was just a fabulous show. Cher changes outfits between every one to two songs, so for 5 minutes in between the dancers kept the audience fully engaged. The dancers were around with Cher on stage as well and the entire ensemble just worked. They all complimented each other so well. And throughout most of the show pictures and video were playing on these huge screens to the left and right of the stage.
Now, I don't know that I'd pay $200 to see the show (okay, I totally wouldn't), but if you get a two for one deal or get free tickets, check her out. It makes for a great evening.

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I would totally go to a free Cher concert, just for the experience.

RC said...

How fun!

I've heard Cher puts on a great concert. Plus a girl's night out at Caesar's Palace, with your Mom, always fun.

Glad you enjoyed it. Very cool.

Rawson Family said...

Hey, it always pay to say yes to a free show,(trust me I know)Plus what do you got to loose. It sounds like it was allot of fun and a great experience.

HammondFam said...

I'm so glad you posted this. We were thinking of getting my mom tickets for her 60th birthday in May. I was a bit skeptical of her show being good, but now I totally want to get the tickets. How did your mom get free tickets?

Hollie said...

How fun! I've heard she is really energetic and puts on a great show. What a special night out with your mom.

Heather said...

Fun night out!!!